Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 14 December 2018

Hand Knitted Socks

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a quick summary of my Curious Handmade Sock Society knitting for 2018. The final sock has just started but I love it, already ! The Red Robin pattern is simple but very pretty and so easy to learn. I know this sock will be a pleasure to knit. I’ve used a light grey colour for the rib and I’m using a lovely red for the main part of the sock. Very Christmas-like.

I do love all my finished socks. All the socks have turned out well and there’s only one, the Hazelnut, which gave me a bit of a problem. For some reason, I found the pattern of the Hazelnut difficult to learn and I made lots of mistakes - several times. I found I could not read my knitting and as a result would find myself confused if I wasn’t concentrating 100%. Often the case !!! However, I love the blue colour and the socks are very comfortable and are well worn.

Here’s a quick look at the socks to date :

                         

I’m not sure which one is my favourite ? I’ve been trying to list them in order of best loved and most worn. I think they are genuinely equal.  I can’t decide ? This is a great result and very rewarding when I look back at the project, as a whole. I’m hoping I can finish the Red Robin over the next week and wear them over the Christmas week. My initial plan was to have a wide range of colours to compliment my general wardrobe colours and I’ve enjoyed wearing all of them.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend and I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.
Bye for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment