Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 31 July 2019

Sewing Story

Hi Everyone 
I’ve got another couple of nightdresses underway. I’ve had a few little ditsy print pieces of fabric waiting for nightwear Makes for a while. For some reason, I can’t bring myself to wear ready made/bought nightwear, so it’s lots of washing of the two nightwear garments in my wardrobe. 
Hopefully, I can produce another couple of garments in the next few days. 
I’m using my faithful old nightwear pattern Butterick B5792.

           
This time, I’m going for a plain front (no pleats). Check out the pleated version in my pyjamas hereI’ve identified the E version in my photo but I’ll go for a just below the knee length rather than long. I’m also adding a ruffle around the arms but a plain neckline. I will add a small ruffle on the hem, not the large one in my photo.
 I’ve started sewing already. My plan was to simply cut out the pieces but it’s such a quick Make that I decided to start sewing straight away. The front and back are attached. I’ve used French Seams, my favourite nightwear seam. So, it’s the arm/hem ruffles and the bias binding tape for finishing next. I’m almost sure to get the nightdress finished today.

I’ve started with the yellow version and will do a similar job with the pink/red fabric. I may reverse the ruffle from the arms to the neck  - not sure ? 
I’ll let you know.

There are two more pieces of fabric for nightwear in my stash and I’ll probably grow for another pair of pyjamas. Again, I’ll let you know what I decide.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment