Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Day 3 = handmade envelopes (see how)




Hi Everyone
A much better day - weather wise. It's a bit damp and quite 'chilly' but the sun keeps trying to break through.

It's Day 3 today - and it's an ENVELOPE to add to the card from yesterday. I've tried to keep it simple (to allow for bulk makes) and its a very quick assembly. Most people in my circle do not go in for handmade envelopes but I think it's a huge treat to receive a handmade envelope. It makes the package so much more interesting and such a pleasure to feel. My envelopes go 'plop' when they land on my doormat and I know immediately if I have a handmade letter. Not that I get many !!
However, lets move on. Here is the envelope to match my card.



My card is quite small therefore one A4 piece of paper is all that's required.Ive chosen a music print for my envelope, the same as I used for element so f the card. I always use a creasing board and tool for making envelopes. I've put together a few photos to show the process but its very simple. The only requirement is that precision is used with both measuring and cutting. I almost, always make my own envelopes and practice has made this very easy for me but I do think the technique is quickly mastered.



I started placing the card on the page to check which folds I need to make.





The next picture shows my initial folds.



After creasing the folds, I trimmed each side as the picture shows.



The bottom half of the page was folded to form the envelope and the next picture shows me glueing down the right side. A thin layer of glue is good - making sure the glue is at the edges. As soon as the other side flap is stuck, you have your envelope.



I used a cutting die, to form a label for the front and I stamped an image for the back, again, linking the design features of the card.






I distressed the whole envelope with a grey stamping pad to embed each embellishment element into the envelope.
That's it ! The whole design construction took about 10 minutes. Future envelopes would take much less if production methods are used eg all the folds done at the same time or all the glueing etc. Have a go and make someone an extra surprise with a handmade envelope.

I've lots of stuff going on today. More crochet practice and family stuff. Must get on.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment