Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 30 November 2012

Last day - it's Day 12 - a CHRISTMAS BAUBLE




Hi Everyone
It's a very cold day today - a very 'winter' look to the world - the bit outside my window !
It's also our last day of Christmas Prep@ thepapersac - the project today is a BAUBLE. As with the theme for this year, it's using out little 'papersac Angel'.



Here she is in the first photo - the tree needs to be a 'real one' rather than my little wooden table tree but you get the idea. I've tried to keep the construction simple and the only 'tricky' bit is cutting out the image of the angel. A simple square or free form shape would be very easy. I plan to make a range of these baubles to dress a second house tree and will explore different shapes. Boxes etc. are very quick. As usual, I'm after 'quick build' techniques for busy people ie me !
I have a series of photos to show my construction.



I started with a print out of three images and cut them out. This size is approximately 11cm tall and works well with this image - it's a matter of trying out a range for whichever image is used. I suggest, doing a quick outline sketch to gauge size.



The next move is to construct a 3D item and Ive used a triangle card shape to stick each angel. I also needed a way to hang my thread so my triangle idea seemed to work.





I've trimmed a circle shape to stick on the triangle and punched a few holes into the circle before threading with red embroidery cotton (before sticking onto the triangle)


To punch the holes, I've used something called a 'Clikit' tool - it's a great thing for punching holes in lots of materials. You can see the range of hole sizes in the box. There's a special punch for doing 2 mini holes at once. I used this one as you see.





I inked (roughly) the angel edges and stuck them onto each side of the triangle. The triangle now forms a solid centre for the bauble and gives the light card angels an element of strength.


There you go. That's it. All 12 Days of Christmas Prep done. I am using ALL my project items over the next month and hope you have been inspired to make your own versions.
If you have - please leave a picture either here or on the Facebook page. I would love to see any examples. I'm planning to create a 12 Days display to show all the items together next week.

It's also Friday - yet another week gone by !!! I'm off to my crochet workshop tomorrow and today I'm doing some volunteer work. This weekend, I'm planning to have a bit of an organisation weekend. I want to get my house sorted and ready to take Christmas decorations. I may even get some Christmas songs going to set the Excitement going. I'm hoping to be a little better organised ( I always say this). I've done a little Christmas shopping online but need to check my lists. There will be lots more to do. I'm OK, I think - its only just December tomorrow.

Have a great weekend - I'll be back on Monday.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment