Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 26 November 2012

Day 8 and its Gift Pockets


Hi Everyone
Lots of rain and stormy weather today. Glad I'm not out there ! I'm settling into making things and drinking lots of coffee. I will have to do some house stuff at some point but I can ignore it all for a little longer.
Today is Day 8 of our Christmas prep here @ thepapersac. It's CHRISTMAS GIFT POCKETS. I have these little paper pockets all year but Ive used the angel again as my image to make the pockets 'christmassy'? I've also added a second option to the closure.
Here are a few photos of the process. As usual it's very simple process and starts with a print of the images to be used. My page here is a standard A4 size. I use regular printer paper, I find the weight of this paper much better for the size of the pockets. If you need a stronger package, you will need to increase the weight of the paper, light card is good. However, I suggest you make up a 'mock up' paper version and you will be surprised how good the paper works.








Trim the A4 images and glue into a 'roll'.




Flatten the bottom of the roll and glue, this forms a simple packet. The photo shows some Merry Christmas messages printed to fit the bottom of the pocket.




I've added a little tag by making two small holes in the open end of the packet. I'v also used a simple sticker (day 5) to make a closure. This gives another very simple way of sealing the pocket.
















I've also added a little sticker to my pocket as well as a Merry Christmas message to both sides of the pocket - at the base of the pocket, with some mini gold stars (the stars make the pocket sparkle).
Hope you like the idea. It's a very quick and simple way of making a small packet for things like jewellery of small items. The size of the pocket can easily be changed to make a much larger or smaller pocket. I tend to wrap gifts in tissue and then place into the pockets, this gives a luxury feel and looks great hanging on a tree.
Another lovely thing arrived in the post today




This is how it came out of the packaging - it's a clasp for making a purse or small bag. I've been thinking about making one of these for ages. I think this one will be a gift but I quite fancy one myself. Lets see how it turns out.
Must go and do things.
Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment