Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 19 November 2012

It's DAY 1 of CP@t !


Hi Everyone
The weather looks changeable today - could rain, it's damp ! And it's very windy - the clouds are racing over the sky. Good light though - great for photos.
Today, is the day - my first day of Christmas Prep. @ thepapersac (CP@t). Day 1 is a 'Christmas Wish List'. All my offers during the 12 days will be entirely based on my own prep for Christmas. This is a little different from last year. I will be producing new stuff but also incorporating some stuff from last year too.
Here is the Wish List and the process I used. My project is not 'rocket science' it's simply an approach to producing these items quickly and in quantity(if that's what is called for).




Stage 1 was to design (I used Microsoft Publisher - a very simple and easy to use graphic software) an outline on the bits of paper which will form the lists, any paper will do.




The next photo shows the tools I used, once I had the printed templates.I cut out the name circles, these are the names of my boys to identify who owns the list - simply created on the original template. I also used a perforator to trim the actual lists. I wanted the 'edge' finish given by the perforator. See the photo showing the edge.













I stuck the names on some larger foil sheet and then stuck the 'name sticker' onto the list. Finally, I punched a hole in the top. You will see why when we do another project. I'm going to hang the lists on my mini board ( I made this last year. I like how the board looks in my kitchen, it fits the colours and feel of the space.











I will be putting up the new lists today - these pictures are from last year. Hope you like the idea of the lists. I use such an item all year for shopping. Here is a photo of my other board.




Today, I also wanted to share this lovely picture




I must purchase this magazine - I've seen it before and am always so impressed by the cover. It fits my dream of making a Miss Mitchell.
My last piece of news for today is that the clasps have arrived.




These clasps are the last piece I need to create 'the bracelet'. Here is another picture. Lets see how it goes. I have high hopes !!!!!!




Must go, busy day today.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment