Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Saturday 24 November 2012

Day 6 - Christmas Tags to make




Hi Everyone
It's Day 6 today - and it's a TAG. This is it or rather 'them'. As usual I can't stick to the brief and I've done quite a few. I'm sharing two versions but they are all produced in the same way.



I've used the same theme of the Angel and all the embellishments used over the last 5 days of projects. All items will combine to give a lovely 'feel' when all the preparations are complete. I've taken a few photos of the stages. However , the stages are so simple that they will be obvious. Again, a key feature needed to be the ability to make LOTS of items QUICKLY.



I started with some printed images (from an original painting of mine) and some card tag shaped pieces. I made these with a cutting die but they could be hand cut or bought blanks. I usually cut both the card and the image at the same time to give a clean link to all edges.



As you see some of the images are not clean cut in terms of tag size. I will use all the bits and cover up any edges with some embellishments or printed messages etc. I will share the samples shown at a later date in our project series to show what I ended up doing with them. I like to use every tiny bit so I think this technique pushes creativity.



I inked all the edges to embed the embellishments and give a 'grundgy' look to the tags.






I like the back to be decorated too - not too much as this is where the message needs to go.


I've added some twine as a tie - this again can be dressed up to look very different with big ribbons and wired ribbons. I will do a more sophisticated look for some of my present tags. Again, I will share these at a later date.

Hope you like today's offering.
PS the weather is very 'frosty' - almost like a Christmas scene.

Bye for today

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Very nice! Can we buy these tags in one of your shops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually they are in shop but all sold via private commissions - sorry. If you see anything not in shop please email me. Thanks for dropping in. X

    ReplyDelete