Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 20 November 2012

It's Day 2 and other things


Hi Everyone
Very dull today and very 'breezy' and its now raining hard. I'm not going far today !
It's Day 2 of our Christmas Prep@ thepapersac project. Day 2 is a CARD.
Here is my card. The design picture used is taken from one of my original paintings.




Ive included a picture of the original painting to show how it transfers.
The cards are a very quick and are an easy way to produce a bulk batch. I tend to use this type of design as a general greeting card and have a smaller number of individualised and more elaborate cards for close friends and family.
I've put together a series of photos which show the development and highlight any specific design/technique features I've used.








I started with a range of images printed on white card. My card size allows for 2 cards to be produced from a standard A4 sheet. Where bulk orders are required this is a cost effective size. I scanned a photo of my art but any picture would do. I also printed sheet music and have stamped embellishments as well as a die cut ivy and die cut 'lace' ( for edging).




I trimmed each card- some cards were left with an extra wide section but in the sample here I simply trimmed with a craft knife/metal ruler.




I used a creasing tool/board which gives a good, clean finish to the fold line.












I've prepared a range of embellishments, including an extra mini crown with gold stars.




I've also included a back image and have added a Christmas message. I like all my cards to look attractive on the back. I've got a bit of a 'negative' re writing my name/contact details etc on the back. I tend to have a link to ME in any sales bag but not on the back of my cards. To me the cards are a gift and NOT a marketing opportunity. I know lots of people think this attitude is mad, but it feels right for me.




The last series of card photos shows a number of the finished items ready for sending. Although, I talk about a 'batch' approach. I find it very difficult to stick to repeating a design 'exactly'. It's in my makeup to change EVERYTHING (all the time) !! So, that's Day 2. Hope you enjoyed this idea.
Other news, I love the drawn face its available to read about it here




I'm going to try and make a Christmas card for my lovely husband using an idea I had a few weeks ago.




The original is not a card as such and is not in any way linked to Christmas but that's my challenge.
Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment