Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, 24 May 2016

A Dress for Freya

Hi Everyone
Not a huge amount of progress yesterday with Freya's kit. I managed to make most of her dress and she looks quite pretty. I changed my mind about the sleeves, I hadn't considered how she would get the dress on ! I added a little scalloped edge to the bottom of the dress and this gave me the idea to embellish the side of the dress with more scallops to give the appearance of a cap sleeve. The dress will fasten with a little button on the shoulder. Here she is - having a first fitting !

                                


 Freya's head is quite large because of her amazing hair and I will need to take this into account when designing her outfits.
 I did start the dress design with an idea of using different stitches to give a fabric texture and am pleased with the result. I'm thinking, I will embellish the dress with some flower designs, inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.

                                  

I'm hoping to create something inspired by these beautiful littles dresses. I can also see some hair embellishments and perhaps a bag with a similar flower idea. I'm thinking about some ballet pump shoes and possibly little socks too.

Thanks for calling in.