Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, 20 June 2016

Button Flowers

Hi Everyone
Today is the second of my 'what to do with buttons' project. I've got four projects in total, the first was a button heart (read back for more on this one). I made lots of buttons a few weeks ago from polymer clay and am trying out a range of ideas for simple 'makes'.
I especially like the flowers project - I'm not completely finished yet but here it is at the moment 
-
                                   

I want to make some more 'grass seeds' and add more beads to the flower stems. I like how the flowers have turned out and the holes in the salt seller lid work very well to place and separate the flowers stems. I've used thin florist wire to thread the beads and did think it maybe too light for the job. However, it's good and gives a very fine structural support for the button flowers. The little salt seller is not the antique version I was hoping for but its fine - I will keep looking for something a little more ornate. 

Thanks for calling in.