Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 June 2016

More Felted Purses

Hi Everyone
I'm still on track to make more felted purses ! I did manage a little embroidery on my initial purse (see yesterday for details) but have a way to go ! As I mentioned yesterday , I want my current purse to be minimal. The surface pattern demands just the right embellishment and after a few attempts - I think I have the right design.
BUT ....... I need a chance to over indulge myself with beads and embroidery. More purses are needed. I spent some of yesterday thinking about what to make next and have decided to use a couple of handbags to inspire some new purses. I have a little photo story to show my thinking.

                                  

I want to combine a process of using some bubble wrap sheets to make a wet felted vessel and shape (after first felting stage) with a purse sized polystyrene ball. I will get some images to show how it works.
My bag inspirations are a tartan knitted clutch (1) and a wipe clean floral bag (2). The colours and surface patterns of both bags will guide me to the colours and final patterns.
Wish me luck.
Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment