Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, 28 June 2016

More Felted Purses

Hi Everyone
I'm still on track to make more felted purses ! I did manage a little embroidery on my initial purse (see yesterday for details) but have a way to go ! As I mentioned yesterday , I want my current purse to be minimal. The surface pattern demands just the right embellishment and after a few attempts - I think I have the right design.
BUT ....... I need a chance to over indulge myself with beads and embroidery. More purses are needed. I spent some of yesterday thinking about what to make next and have decided to use a couple of handbags to inspire some new purses. I have a little photo story to show my thinking.

                                  

I want to combine a process of using some bubble wrap sheets to make a wet felted vessel and shape (after first felting stage) with a purse sized polystyrene ball. I will get some images to show how it works.
My bag inspirations are a tartan knitted clutch (1) and a wipe clean floral bag (2). The colours and surface patterns of both bags will guide me to the colours and final patterns.
Wish me luck.
Thanks for calling in today.