Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 19 April 2018

Stitch Story Developments

Hi Everyone
Today, I’m sharing the progress of my Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell Project. I’ve made some major changes to the project.
 The most dramatic change is the overall size of the bag. Initially, the little drawstring bag was half the size. Look back over the last few weeks for images of the small bag and the first  attempts at telling my Stitched Story. The driving force has been to display my patches as a whole. I did, originally, display my patches on both sides of the bag and it wasn’t quite working for me. Somehow, I couldn’t split the story in two. It just didn’t work.
 My second plan was to turn the bag into a circular shape but the bag turned out to be very small and more like a tube. Finally, I had the idea to use the whole deconstructed bag for the front, resizing the whole thing. I’ve chosen fabric that I’ve also used for a couple of the patches and added a plain lining. I’m much happier with the size and it’s giving me lots more opportunity to include more elements of my ‘tale’. 

 
                       

I think, I’m almost there with my elements. I could go on forever, creating extra patches but the balance of patches, elements, colours, size, shape and aesthetic is pleasing to me - this, I feel, is the important thing. I look at my Stitched Story and I could talk about all the little stories within the bag. I feel I could share Miss Mitchell’s Story through my work. I now, need to stitch everything together and finish my project.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment