Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 13 April 2018

Holiday Photo Story 5

Hi Everyone
I think, I need to concede - it’s the last day of my very long Easter holiday. I’ve had a lovely time but it’s time to build up to work next week. My last photo story is in fact two photos, both linked to fibre news. The first photo is an update on my Coinneach.

                

I’ve been knitting this cardigan for quite a while but it was slightly ignored because of the Winter Rose Socks (look back earlier this week to see the finished pair). I’ve also had a range of mini disasters with the Coinneach. The sizing caused initial issues, it was much too big at one stage. I also managed to begin the yoke colour work in the wrong colours and missed the pattern completely. In addition, there have been many mistakes with the actual colour work pattern, especially at the beginning when it was a bit difficult to see any repeats. All these issues have meant I’ve not made as much progress as I’d like. I’m now on track, so it’s good news. I can genuinely say, I’m enjoying the project. I love seeing the colours coming together and I’m almost able to envisage the finished cardigan because I’m working up towards the top of the garment. Each row brings me closer to the completed look. I know it’s going to be great. However, I’ve got the ‘steek’ to worry about at some stage ! More about that, nearer the time.

My next photo story is a little something I got for my birthday. It’s a knitting journal from a company called ‘popcorn and crocodile’. 

             
I always get a book for myself on my birthday, so this year, it’s this one. I’m not sure how I’m going to use it yet ? but I will take some time to think about it and come back here to explain. Keep calling in on Fridays for that review.


Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment