Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 2 September 2019

Sock News

Hi Everyone 
I’m back from our Family Grand Tour. The weather was great and we had a lovely time. Amongst all the ‘touring’, I spent lots of time knitting socks looking out at the beautiful Scottish countryside - mostly in short sessions in the evenings or while travelling. I especially enjoyed these bits of the holiday.
One of the joys of the holiday was finishing a sock project, the finished Fisherman’s Wife Socks by Anna Bergman. These socks have given me lots of grief ! I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve knitted each sock. The pattern is great, the yarn is perfect but my colourwork knitting skills are rubbish. I’m improving but I’m not there yet. Most of the problems were to do with tight knitting, in particular, my technique for catching the floats in the colourwork sections. However, it’s been a great learning experience and I’m in a better position to do my next colourwork project.

          

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment