Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 30 July 2019

The Fisherman’s Wife

Hi Everyone 
I’m talking socks again today - read yesterday’s blog for the previous sock post. The Fisherman’s Wife Socks by Anna Bergman are on my needles. They have been on the needles for about a week and I’m officially on version 2. However, I’ve ripped them out several more times ! The problem seems to be sizing. All the issues are to do with the width of the instep part of the sock ie my instep measurement compared to the sock. 
My photo story shows the very first (version 1) sock on the bottom left. I like the fabric of this sock, it’s strong and tight but won’t go over my foot. The latest version, on the bottom right has gone up two needle sizes and I can get the sock on (with a bit of tugging) but it’s not how I’d like it. I’m not quite sure what I can do, other than add an extra fish (pattern dictates 8 extra stitches) which I think would be too big ? Perhaps, if I go for the smaller needles this may work ? It’s probably worth a try.

              

I love the pattern and the colours I’ve chosen. The whole sock pattern is a delight to knit - just as well !! I’ll let you know how things progress.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment