Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 22 November 2012

Day 4 - make a 'wish list' board for Christmas




Hi Everyone
Not sure what today will bring weather wise ? It's very cloudy and looks cold ( not been out yet) but bright.

We are full of cold and sneezing at home and not much creativity going on. We are still preparing for christmas - the date will not be changed !!!
It's Day 4 of Christmas Preparations @ thepapersac and today is a WISH LIST BOARD. It's the board for hanging up the Christmas Wish Lists (this was the Day 1 item). Here they are together and ready for use.



I hope the board itself can be useful all year, with this in mind Ive decorated the board to be less 'Christmas-specific' but at the same time linked via the colours and elements from my card design (Day 2).
















Very simply, I have decorated plain, old wooden pieces (scrap wood left over from other projects). My pieces measure approximately 8x 4ins. The wood was painted several times with white acrylic and Ive added printed and die cut embellishments inspired by my Christmas card design (from Day 2). I've also decorated a pencil to match. This wood piece did have a natural space at one side to accommodate a pencil, so the pencil fits onto the board. I've used waxed paper string in white as my hanging material. The board is finished with 2 coats of matt sealant/varnish.
I hope you feel inspired to make a board.

On other matters, I'm slowly moving on the 'Christmas card to be' for my husband - here is my progress to date






I've found my cardboard (old shoe box) and punched holes around the edge. I've crochet around in a simple 'blanket-like' stitch. I'm not 'up' on the correct stitch names yet ! Then I've done a single 'running chain' - again one of my 'made-up' stitch names. Not sure what comes next (crochet wise) but I want to make a 'pointed bit' around the edge (as a third layer). It's taken me a while to get this far. I've done lots of different experiments but have settled on what you see here. My son has just commented on the current 'look' of the item. HE is not impressed. It will look brilliant !!! I'm convinced. Watch this space !!!

That's it for today. I will be nursing the ill (including myself) today.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment