Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 2 May 2014

Genervieve is finished !




Hi Everyone
It's Friday - this week has flown by. As I look out of my window the sun is shining and it's dry. We have had several days of rain and the grass has gone mad. The whole garden is in need of a major 'haircut'.
As planned,I coloured and polished my kumihimo beads yesterday. My plan had been to take them of the braid and make more of a specific design (the best of the bunch) but I haven't finished a kumihimo braid with a clasp before so thought I would try and do a practice on this prototype. I coloured the beads with a brown shade which tones down the bright blue and blends better with the brown braid.






I also coloured and polished another a batch of grey beads. These beads have been waiting for attention for some time. Every time I wear something grey I'm looking for a grey bracelet to wear - so this bracelet will be great. Here are the beads waiting to be threaded.






I don't think I will use the blue beads, I have other grey ones in my collection.

Yesterday, I mentioned the idea of a fabric printing project and have been researching a range of options. One amazing idea is to use Sharpie pens with alcohol. The examples I have seen use silk fabric but I want to have a go on cotton. I will organise some experiments to try out a few different fabrics and share my findings. Another idea is to paint fabric with Annie Sloan chalk paint. She paints fabric chairs so the paint must 'wear' well ! My major concern is washing fabric which has been painted/coloured. More research needed here ! I want to use ideas from my last painting - Genervieve. She is now finished. There will be a range of items produced/inspired from the painting from fabric to cards/prints etc. She will also appear in my new book and her story is developing every day. Here she is again :








Have a great weekend. It's a Bank Holiday here in England on Monday so another holiday. I will be back on Tuesday.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment