Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Crochet Yarn Baskets

Hi Everyone
I'm making a yarn basket for my crochet/knitting projects today. I've been planning this project for quite some time - almost every time I pick up my knitting or crochet the yarn ball seems to disappear around the floor and I remind myself about the yarn basket idea. I've seen some great examples of the  solid, clay versions but I need to be portable (and lightweight) so the crochet solution seems to be the way to go.

I've  made some lighter, smaller crochet baskets in workshops recently but need a more substantial item. I'm thinking of using T Shirt yarn and will go with whatever colour yarn I have in my stash. I think, I will probably follow the same style as the smaller workshop versions (see photo bottom left) but I do like the two colour look.

                                

I'm also wondering about a space to thread the yarn through the side of the basket and think a button loop will work - not sure if this is necessary but I like the idea. Will get some development photos as I 'make'. I'm not sure about size - I'm going to find the largest ball of yarn I have and size the basket accordingly. I don't have a pattern as such and will just 'wing it' and see what happens !

Thanks for calling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment