Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 27 February 2017

Zip Bag Update

Hi Everyone
If you were with me last week, you will know I've started a crochet project - it's still 'under construction'. The  crochet element uses a technique called Tunisian Crochet. It's a particular way of using a traditional crochet technique but using a long crochet hook, similar to a knitting needle with a hook at one end. Look back to my previous post for more details on the project.
I've adapted the original project as the crochet material developed. One side of the bag has a basket weave pattern (as per the original project) the other side has a 'rib' like pattern.

 

 I've chosen a teal patterned fabric for the lining and will make a little tassel of beads to add to the zip. 

 

Hopefully, I can finish my zip bag in the next few days. I'll share some images when complete.
I've really enjoyed making this bag, the crochet element took longer than I'd estimated but the finished material is very pleasing. I'm not sure how I will use the bag ?, hopefully related to future crochet projects.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment