Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 7 February 2014

Genervieve and her trees.




Hi Everyone
My world is good again, today. I had a lovely day yesterday - I met up with my Dad for a shopping trip. Not much shopping but lots of coffee and chat. Great boost and a change from everyday things.
Everything is now back on track - sort of !! The 'wobble' has gone and Ive got a plan. It's going to be a big job. The plan is to organise our home at the weekend ! Wow ....... It's sounds as if it should be so easy ! I'll let you know how it goes. I think, I work well in an ordered space where my everyday activity can flow (literally and conceptually). This order thing is all in my head but it does help if my surroundings and my life can be described as being 'organised'. The 'order' needs to be a broad definition and I do have an ability to accept a wide spectrum !

In the meantime, I'm having a little time with Genervieve. She's had a bit of blue added to her world and a few trees.






I like the effect and will add more trees. I ended up just drawing the trees directly onto the canvas after this practice sketch. Earlier this week - I hade more elaborate plans for making the trees. Read back for details.





My initial idea was to have very small versions of the same tree but I quite like having the similar central shape and have made slightly different sizes to fit the space. The added branches can reach out to fill the white areas.
Here are the first few trees on the painting. Lots more layers to go but I feel it's taking shape.






I'm beginning to see tree roots reaching down towards Genervieve and layers of substrata in the pink/orange area. Will just go with my instinct. The patterned squares are suggesting little houses ? I will keep looking and will see what needs to be done.

Yet again, Friday has arrived as a bit of a shock ! Where has the week gone ? Have a great weekend.

Bye for now.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment