Today's recipe is an amazing pudding. Very easy to make and I love it. Unfortunately, The Boys HATE it. They have named the pudding 'Toxic Shock'.
It's a Nigella Lawson creation and is made from liquorice. The liquorice is in the form of small pellets and the technique involves melting a teaspoon of pellets with 60ml of water in a pan. When melted, you get a weak coffee looking liquid, add sugar (2 tablespoons) and 175ml of double cream. Heat through, stiring. Blend 2 teaspoons of cornflower with a tablespoon of milk and add to the liquorice liquid pan, mixing all the time. After a few mins, you have a lovely thick cream. Pour into serving glasses/pots and cool in the fridge. I added a few chocolate sticks and a few raspberries. These quantities are good for 4 servings.
I gave the pudding 5/5 for ease of making and washing up. The Boys gave the pudding 0/5 - all three of them ! and of course the name - Toxic Shock.
I'm very disappointed and am looking for a friend to share this lovely pudding. I'm considering a new category in the book called - Gills Recipes
Next time, I'm actually 'baking' !! (midweek).
Thanks for reading.