Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Beads for Knitting

Hi Everyone 
One of my new knitting projects involves an area of beadwork. The pattern for the project is the FairyHill Shawl by Helen Stewart. Read back for more re my preparations here .I've hand dyed a skein of yarn and have ordered a range of beads to compliment the colours of the yarn. The beads arrived yesterday and I ordered a range for choice. I'm almost there on deciding which beads to use. I'm keen, at the moment, to use two different beads, a solid pink and a moss green. The two shades I've chosen are quite close to the specific colours of the yarn.


                        

The pattern suggests beads are knitted into the centre area of the shawl - I may use the beads in different areas depending on how the yarn colours develop within the pattern. My hand dyed yarn has some areas which are deep solid pink but other areas quite light pink or natural ecru with other areas of a light moss green. I will develop the beading as the yarn suggests.
I need to finish a pair of socks before I can cast on - I'm very close to finishing the socks. I find Helen Stewart patterns very easy to use. The detailed instructions and stitch count information is particularly helpful to me. I'm really looking forward to casting on. I will record my progress with pictures and will share the results here on the blog over the next few weeks.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment