Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 1 May 2017

New Knit

Hi Everyone
Just a short blog today about a new knit on my needles. I'm onto my next pair of socks. This time, the socks are for me.

                     

I'm loving the various stitches giving different textures throughout this  pattern, Om Shanti by Alice Yu. I'm using Socks Yeah ! yarn by Coop Knits in Perditot, this is the same yarn as my last pair of striped socks. Look back a week or so for details. The yarn is lovely to knit with very smooth and light. The knitted fabric is beautiful.
 My usual issues with concentration (minor lace like pattern) have caused me to make mistakes and there have been some ripping back going on ! However, the 'stitch wrapped toe' technique is wonderful, magic even ! - no holes or Kitchenor grafting to deal with - love this part of the pattern.
I'm looking forward to the heel - not sure what to expect ? I'll keep you informed of my progress.
It's Bank Holiday Monday here in the UK so I'm hoping for a leisurely day. The sun is shining too !

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment