Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 15 May 2017

Blocking for a sweater

Hi Everyone
I've had a little success with a new handspun project over the last few days. This is a large project which will sit alongside my other knitting projects, so is something which will take quite some time to complete. I'm hoping to spin for about 30 mins everyday. 
My plan is to develop a sweater quantity of handspun yarn using Blue Faced Leicester (BFL) and Corriedale wool. So far, I've gone for two types of yarn, a pure Corriedale and a blend of BFL/Corriedale (60/40). I'm hoping the Corriedale will make the rib sections of the sweater and the blend will be used for the majority of the sweater. 
I love the way the wool has worked out. The resulting yarn has produced a beautiful rustic knit which is very soft. The mix of grey colours are lovely.

                  

The sweater will be for my husband and he had chosen a particular pattern design with a zip or button feature at the neck, however, I think we may go for a very simple design (no neck details) using the different coloured wool on the rib elements ie the bottom, sleeves and neck band. The yarn is lovely and I think a plain design will allow the yarn to shine. I'm inspired to spin my next batch. I used size 4mm needles for the swatch and produces the perfect material. The yarn is a DK weight and will be very cosy.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment