Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 18 May 2017

New on the needles.

Hi Everyone
I've a new knit on my needles - it's the NUUK sweater. This pattern has been in the queue for quite some time. For some reason, I couldn't decide on the yarn to use ? Initially, I wanted a 'stand out'/ statement colour - such as magenta or bright orange. However, I've gone for my usual blue ! I've decided that a statement piece will follow if the design works for me. Most of my wardrobe is blue and I'd like this sweater to be a useful and versatile garment.

                

One of my friends has knitted the design, so I know how the sweater will turn out and I love the style. I'm hoping the fit will allow my sweater to be worn as per the image. I like the layering idea.
The pattern is a 'top down' technique and I'm using dovestone dk in the Lotherton colour with 5mm needles. I've done a swatch and my gauge is exactly as per the pattern. It's early days but I'm really enjoying knitting this design.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment