Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 24 May 2017

Knitting the NUUK

Hi Everyone
I'm sharing my progress with the new sweater on my needles - the NUUK. I started this knit just a few days ago and already most of the body has been completed. I'm enjoying how the construction is designed. I'm quite keen to try it on.
The design is a 'top down' sweater with short sleeves and a rib both at the bottom and neck. The early construction stage creates a cap like sleeve which looks great, almost looking finished ! I'm already considering a second Nuuk using this cap sleeve finish. I like the open neckline at the moment too (the rib will  obviously bring the neck together) and maybe this is an option for future Nuuk sweaters ?

                            

I also like the idea of contrasting colours for the rib sections of the sweater - not for this one but perhaps the next ? Generally, the whole knit is a pleasing  project and is inspiring lots of new design ideas.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment