Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 17 July 2017

Designing for Sewing

Hi Everyone
A few weeks ago, I took part in a great Shibori dying workshop - look back here for more details of the session. The results of the workshop (the dyed fabric bits) have been sitting, waiting for me to decide what to do with them. 
Finally, I've decided ! - I'm going to sew the individual pieces of fabric together and make a top to wear. I've developed a very rough sketch with my initial design idea and will make a pattern this week.
I'm hoping I can piece the smallish pieces of fabric together to form an interesting length of fabric - large enough to realise my pattern. I'm not absolutely  sure if I have enough Shibori fabric for the job, if I'm short - I will just add some other fabric. I'm sure the project will happen.
Here's a quick look at the design :

 
                              

I'd like a longish length top with high cut shoulders, slightly flared and button back closure. I think, the different dyed fabric sections could make an interesting feature for the top. This week, I hope to complete the pattern and start piecing the fabric together.

I'll share my progress, I as move through the various elements of the project.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment