Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 5 July 2017

The Knit Programme

Hi Everyone
Knitting has taken a bit of a back seat for a few weeks now ! I've been very busy with new Making projects and sample development - read back for more on this. However, it's time to get my knitting back on track. I'm still working away on a couple of cardigans, one knit, one crochet. My knitted cardigan is quite close to finishing but the crochet version will take many more weeks ! I'm enjoying both projects but I've been wondering what to do next, for a couple of days ? 
I've lots of new publications, POM POM as well as the latest Laine for inspiration but I keep coming back to my FairyHill Shawl by Helen Stewart. I've had this organised for some time and it's all ready to go, in a project bag - just waiting. I loved dying this yarn myself and am quite excited to see how it will knit up. So, I think it's going to be the FairyHill Shawl.

                        

While I'm occupied with the cardigans and this shawl, I'll keep thinking about the next knits. I also need another idea for a pair of socks. This will top up my yarn programme. One large knit (more than one skein) -  the Mielle Cardigan by Andi Satterlund; one crochet project - the Hanabira by Eline Alcocer ; one pair of socks - to be decided (although, I do have an idea) and the FairyHill shawl - a one skein project. 
I have, until recently, been a monogamous knitter but I do find I love to have a range of knits going on. The variety seems to make knitting more of a relaxing thing for me. If I only have one project, it seems to consume me and I feel the need to be constantly knitting in a race to finish. Somehow, the multi knitting project approach allows me to dabble into each project or stick with one in any one session. However, it's quite easy to get carried away and end up with too many projects, for me, the balance seems to be a maximum of four (as described above).
I'm hoping to cast on the FairyHill shawl today and I'll share how it's going later in the week.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment