Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Final Push #5

Hi Everyone 
There’s more news to share re the Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell today. Read back on the blog for lots more about this project.
I’ve finished attaching all the patches and almost all the embellishments. I need to fix the bee tape tab into the lining seam (as described on yesterday’s blog) but that will be a construction task rather than am embroidery thing. Having added all the patches, I saw that there was enough spaces to add some inspirational words directly on to the bag skin. I had, originally, wanted these words to appear in a patch but ran out of space for a whole new patch. The embroidered words on the bag skin is a much more pleasing solution.

        

I’ve pencilled the words in their final space and will work them into the bag skin using red and blue threads. I’m adding Dream, Breath, Listen and Inspire in a little block. I spent lots of time thinking about which words I wanted to include. My four words are often used in memory or scrapbook pages and it’s easy to include these words without really thinking about why ? However, I’ve pondered this question for quite some time and am convinced they are right for me in this context and each word is true to my thoughts. I’ve also added Papersac Village in words because that’s where Miss Mitchell lives. The word ART also features on the skin - for obvious reasons (I hope) !
One of the little challenges, I mentioned yesterday, was how to to attach my handmade button. I had thought about stitching a jump ring to the button and stitching it on the bag skin but as suggested (in yesterday’s blog) the button did not lie flat to the bag and didn’t look quite right. Eventually, I decided to give the handmade button an external button hole. I developed this in the same way as a standard button hole would be worked but on the edge of the handmade button. The worked button hole will fit over a second pretty button, fixed to the bag skin. This solution will allow the handworked button to be seen on both sides but also firmly attached to the outer skin of the bag. Look at the photo story for an immediate visual explanation !

         

I will be ready for bag construction after the words have been embroidered. Hopefully, tomorrow will see the bag taking shape.

Thanks for calling in today.





  


No comments:

Post a Comment