Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Final Push #4

Hi Everyone 
The Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell is moving on ..... I’ve attached most of the patches (as described in yesterday’s blog) onto the outer skin of the bag. There’s a couple of embellishments to go - as well as one final patch. I’m not sure exactly how the felted pin (bottom left image) will attach but I’m hoping I can develop a fabric loop using the bee tape. I think, the tape loop will fit into the lining seam, in some way ? I need to find a way of attaching my bow. I did wonder about adding a pin on the back of the bow, so I can change the position if I choose ? - however, I think, I’d like it more secure and closely built into the bag. I’ll wait and see how things develop.

              
I also have my butterfly buttons and a fabric button I made from scratch to add. I’d like to be able to see both sides of my handmade button and need to come up with a way of attaching it, to the bag. At the moment, I’m thinking I could add a thread covered (closed) jump ring and sew it into place ? I’m not sure if it would lie flat, using this technique ? Again, I’ll wait and see.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back with more progress reports, tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment