Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 20 July 2018

Final Push #2

Hi Everyone 
I’m breaking with tradition today. Usually, I focus on fibre related stuff each Friday. However, I’m determined to keep on track with the Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell final push. I talked about my intentions yesterday and I’ve made progress. You can read all about this project on my blog, just search back for Stitch Story.
I had thought, I was ready to sew my patches in place. But ...... I realised there were a few patches still needing extra embroidery. I’ve had a little break from the project and I seem to be looking with new eyes. As a result, I’ve got a few new ideas. This is a dangerous phase for me! I see lots of extra work stacking up. But that’s OK, I’m not in a race to finish, I simply want progress each day. 

                   
So far, I’ve repositioned the patches (top left photo) and maybe this is my final placing for the patches/embellishments ? I also focused work on two patches which needle extra work. The dragonfly (top right) acquired an embroidered ARABELLA (Miss Mitchell’s name) as well as a line of small Detached chain stitches, simulating little flowers. The dragonfly embroidery had not been completed and the patch looked a little unfinished. I like the finished patch and feel the name is a lovely addition. I also worked on the appliqué Miss Mitchell patch and added some flowers.

                           
The flowers are a three phase embroidered job. I started with a series of Detached chain stitches in a five petal arrangement. Each petal has a worked French knot and a Star stitch finish over the centre. I like how the flowers lift the appliqué doll image and make the patch complete.

That’s about is for progress. I’ve developed a new little green fabric patch next and have started some embroidery. I will share my progress on Monday.

Thanks for calling in today, have a great weekend. Bye for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment