Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 13 July 2018

Fibre Fibre (13/7/18)

Hi Everyone 
My Fibre Friday is a little slim again. I’ve been busy with work and family holidays so not too much time for me ! 
My holiday shawl knitting (top right photo) has sadly come to a bit of an abrupt halt. Read back last Thursday for more on the shawl. Essentially, I’ve run out of yarn on the final icord bind off. I have a plan which involves my local Yarn shop hopefully having a tiny leftover bit of yarn or reworking the ‘bind off’ in the second colour. I’ve chosen the blue as my bind off and have only a few centimetres to go ! However, I could use the mustard colour and have plenty of yarn for that. I’m going to wait until next Wednesday, the day of my regular Knit Group Meet, before deciding which way to go. I favour the blue because, I think, the darker colour gives a ‘cleaner’ finish to the edge.

                   

The other fibre related projects are all about crochet. The Skimming Stones shawl is well underway - as predicted I’m way behind. I’m on clue 2 of 5. I have a bit of a habit of completing a couple of rows each evening so I’m getting there ! I will not finish on time, there’s only 1 more clue to go (final clue 18/7/18). The shawl, so far, is an odd shape and Im not sure about how it will turn out ? There’s a FaceBook group showing examples of CAL’s which are up to date and I’m still unsure about how the final item will turn out. I joined the CAL to help develop my crochet skills and have definitely succeeded there. I like my hand dyed yarn too, another positive from the project. I’m not sure about the shawl ? However, I will finish the project.

My last project this week is my crochet bag (bottom left). I started yesterday and have made the bottom of the bag (almost) - I have one more row to go. This T Shirt yarn is very thick and the bag is growing quickly. This type of crochet presents very different challenges to my CAL. The yarn is so thick and the crochet technique is difficult. I find, after a few rows, my hands are quite sore. However, it’s going well and I like the resulting fabric.

That’s it for this week. Thanks for calling in.
Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday. Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment