Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Crochet Bag Project

Hi Everyone 
I’m starting yet another little project today. This time it’s a crochet bag. I saw this great tutorial a few days ago and had been wondering what to do with a huge stash of T Shirt yarn. This is my answer. I’m aiming for something a bit like this :

                    



The bag pattern can be found here. I’ll go for different colours and will certainly introduce some bright pop of colour. I think, I’ll be going for a turquoise with the navy and grey. I’m not sure about handles ? I like the leather bag handle (in the photo story) but for my knitting bag, I think, a yarn version would work better. I’ll wait and see what happens.

I’ve been hoarding the yarn for several years and am quite excited about finding something to make. My original use for the yarn had been a Making Workshop but for some reason I didn’t get around to organising it. The Making Workshop Project was a choker style necklace with a huge clasp, this is still on my agenda but there’s so much yarn that I know I can also make a few little bags. The idea for my first bag is to make something I can use for one of my knitting projects. I have a few different colours to choose from - my job today will be to organise the project ready to go this evening. I’ll use the project to alternate between knitting and crochet this week, for my evening yarn sessions. I’ll share my progress with this project on Friday.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment