Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Polymer Beads

Hi Everyone 
Yesterday, I mentioned starting a new mini project with polymer clay. I was inspired, initially, by my latest knitting project (look back to yesterday’s blog for details) and wanted to look further into possible bead designs. I’m thinking about statement beads on a Kumihimo braid. The images in my little photo story (below) are the kind of bead designs I thinking about. At the moment, it’s the fish bead that I feel will fit my idea. I like the organic ring style too, so may also develop a few similar beads. I think, I’d like to add some texture to the rings and perhaps make them in different sizes ? - still not sure about that one.

              
Looking back in my project samples, I see that I’ve already made a few fish beads, also inspired by the Louise Smith fish shapes (in my photo story).

                 
The shapes of the earring beads (top left) is a shape that I think will also work, I’d like to produce something similar with a surface pattern. The fish bead (bottom right) will get different colours and a larger hole for threading but I do like the idea of my previous work.

Hopefully, I can mix some clay colours later today and play with some shapes.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment