Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 26 July 2018

Friday News (27/7/18)

Hi Everyone 
I’m still reporting new developments on my Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell but am very, very close to the end. I’ve managed to complete the embroidery on the handles (read back yesterday for background on the handles). You can also find much more on the Stitch Story: Miss Mitchell by searching the blog. Back to the handles, both have been prepared and embroidered with my chosen messages. One handle has the statement : ‘What would Miss Mitchell say’ ....... and the other : ‘It all started on 27-04-12’. My plan is to add both handles to the bag when I stitch the lining to the outer skin. My only issue is whether, I hand stitch or machine stitch each edge of the handles (as a top stitch design feature). Whichever finish I choose, I will use the same technique for the top of the bag (where the inner and outer bag skins meet). I need to do some experiments in order to choose. In one way, I feel it should be hand stitched in order to keep true to the whole idea of the project. On the other hand, would machine stitching add a level of professionalism to the finished bag ? More news on my decision next week.

One exciting piece of news I’ve been meaning to share for a few days is my new embroidery pouch. It’s a pretty blue colour with a cute cactus pattern. The pouch is much bigger than my previous pouch and is a joy to use. There’s lots of space for my little tools and some threads, just right for my needs. This new pouch has given me an extra element of pleasure to my embroidery work this week - little things sometimes make such a difference !

                 

My next piece of news is a new knit (top left photo). This time it’s a pattern called The Shift by Andrea Mowry. The Shift is a Cowl. The yarn I'm using is the same yarn from my recent frogged Skimmimg Stones, crochet project (read here for information on the crochet project). I dyed the yarn myself and it’s working out beautifully for the new knit. On the crochet front, I’ve tried a few times to find the right crochet pattern and failed. I was so exited about the Skimming Stones Project and although, I did manage to crochet the pattern and keep up with all the CAL clues - the finished item was just not me. I’ve seen lots of beautifully finished Skimming Stones shawls which look great but I knew I wouldn’t wear mine. I think, I’m going to keep my crochet projects to dish cloths, soft toys and possibly bags.

Thanks for calling in. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment