Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Spinning News

Hi Everyone 
I had a very busy family birthday yesterday. The whole day was lovely. However, my Making time was very limited and only had chance to test out my newly refurbished carder. This machine has been designed and hand built by my husband and son. It’s a very special thing and I love it. Unfortunately, the carder has been waiting for a repair for some considerable time. 
Great news, it’s fixed and better than ever. The design and mechanism  are much improved and it’s perfect for carding very rough bits of fibre (which should probably go to waste). I had a small amount of waste Fils Vert (to be) sitting in my stash, just waiting for this occasion. I wasn’t sure the carder could do the job but no problem. You can read about the original Fils Vert Story here. The original Fils Vert spin was a little job for a Knit Group friend.

                   

I’ve over twisted the ply in this last batch, so will run it through (my wheel) again to loosen up the yarn and will deliver to my friend on Friday. Hopefully, a lovely surprise for her.
I’m now inspired to get my regular three weekly sessions of spinning underway. I had this all organised a few months ago and I’ve lapsed once again !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment