Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 30 July 2018

Bag Handles - the results

Hi Everyone 
The experiments have been done (read back on Friday for the background to this story). My chosen solution is to machine stitch the handles. I think, the machine stitched handles give the bag an extra something. As you can see from the photo story, I tested a few different stitch lengths and found the right one for the job. I like the hand stitching but on this occasion, I think the machine will do a better job. 
Having tested the machine stitching, I’ve decided to finish the top of the bag with the same technique. I did have thoughts about handstitching the top of the bag (where the lining and outer skin meet). However, as it’s turned out, I think - the machine stitching will bring the handles and bag together, as one.

                    

I’ve used a Guterman, thick polyester thread in red for the machine stitching. It’s the kind of thread used for jeans top stitching. The bag is almost finished. I’ve tacked all the bits in place and am ready to machine. More on how the bags looks, as a finished item tomorrow. It’s been a long standing project and I’ve learned lots about embroidery.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment