Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 12 July 2018

Silver Gem Rings

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m working with a new ring design. These rings will be a new line using traditional silver wire (3mm wire) with silver clay (PMC). I’ve used a similar idea with earrings in the past but I’m testing out a new way of building the silver gem into the ring. The silver gem will be formed from silver clay and torch fired directly onto a simple ring band.


             
My first samples will use a simple organic pebble shape but Im hoping I can come up with more varied carved shapes next. I just need some practice torch firing the clay. The example in my photo story (bottom right) shows a slightly melted finish - which I like. The danger of melting the clay is that I will loose any detail from a carved piece. I’m keen to learn how I can push the boundaries of this technique. Wish me luck.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment