Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 16 July 2018

Making Plans for the Summer break.

Hi Everyone 
Over the last week or so, I’ve been thinking about my Making plans for the Summer break. Traditionally, I reduce the number of  worked projects for approximately 6 weeks and tend to take a Summer break. I keep my knitting, crochet and spinning going (evenings only) but other Making plans go on hold in favour of family stuff.  However, this year, I’m thinking of taking on a brand new Stitch Story, a wearable item. I’ve spoken about this before but haven’t really spent time planning and organising the idea. I have a vague plan of designing and making a skirt. I like the idea of developing an embroidered story on the skirt. The theme, I have in mind, is Friendship. Ive decided I need to find some green fabric and will acquire my fabric this week. I’m decided this is a good idea.

The only thing I’ve been spending time on this weekend is the Crochet Along (read back last Friday for more on this). It’s almost over, the last clue will be next Wednesday (18/7/18). Shock horror ! - I’m almost up to date and I have to say, sadly - I’m not totally convinced I like the look of the shawl, so far. There’s a couple of things which don’t work for me. I’m not keen on the central spine which runs through the shawl and I’m not sure I like the long pointed part - the starting bit. I’ve been finding myself looking at the shawl as I work (thinking negative thoughts) and have decided to put things on hold until I see the last clue. I don’t want to go any further at the moment and spend anymore of my precious time on the shawl. I’m considering ripping the whole thing out and starting again with my own modified version. I will wait until I see the final clue but at this moment, it’s not looking good. Unless things radically change, I think, I need to start again. I simply wouldn’t wear the shawl as it is. My crochet skills have improved beyond my expectations so there are lots of  positive’s to celebrate !

                  

Other plans for Summer involve finally organising my Making stash. I have lots of stuff which needs to be reduced and organised. Every item needs to earn its space and much of it probably needs a new home. I find this job very difficult. It’s almost always on my to do list and I never seem to thoroughly get it done. I’m hoping I can stay positive and make a good job this time. I’ll share my progress over the next few weeks. 

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment