Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 19 July 2018

The Final Push !

Hi Everyone 
I’m talking about my Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell again .......... This project should have been completed several weeks ago, that said - I have been quite busy. However, I’ve made a commitment to finishing by this time next week. I feel as if there’s not much more to do. Most of the structure is in place and it’s a matter of sewing the patches and other embellishments onto the front panel. I do need to add handles but I’m sure that’s a minor task (famous last words !). Here’s a quick look at the stage of the project:

               
The left hand photo is the embroidered back of my bag. The bottom right phot shows all the patches, ready to be sewn into place. The photos are showing the outside front and back of the bag. A green fabric lining is also prepared and will fit into the embellished outer skin. I also have green fabric handles cut to size.
I’ve given some thought to the placing of the patches and I think I’m set to go with sewing them in place. Several of the patches have a backing layer so stitching will be straightforward. The challenges will be single layer pieces and working sympathetic stitches, which will be visible. 
This final push for completion is part of my greater determination to finish lots of ongoing projects within my portfolio. After this one, I’m going to organise a list of unfinished projects and order their priority. Hopefully, by the end of the Summer I will have everything completed or binned. Most of the unfinished items are workshop samples, I think ?

Thanks for calling in today. I’m going to record my progress and will share here each day until I’ve completed the bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment