Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Stitch Story #2 Organised

Hi Everyone 
I’ve got my new Stitch Story plan underway (read back on Monday for more on this story). I’ve sourced the green fabric I was looking for and it’s arrived. The fabric is lovely and I’m very excited about working with it. I found the fabric in the amazing Merchant & Mills online shop. I love everything they do, so I knew the fabric would be perfect.

                          

My vague plan (which I’m sure it will change) at this stage is to make a simple gathered or soft pleated skirt with a slightly raised, curved shape at the front hem. I think it will have a side zip and a grown on waistband.
I’d like to incorporate some embroidered patches on the skirt as well as directly embroidered words/ images. The fabric is a beautiful crisp green and I’m hoping to keep the embroidery to various shades of green too. The theme of my garment will be Friendship. The patches, I mention, are part of a lovely birthday gift I received from a friend in March. More on the chosen patches, at a later date.
I’m very exited about this project, it’s going to be my focus for the Summer. Hopefully, I will be able to wear it before the end of the hot Summer weather - always a tricky prediction in the UK !
My job today is to research some more inspirational designs for my skirt. I’m also looking for more ideas to incorporate Friendship stories into the skirt. The range of stories will be carefully chosen as my usual style tends to be very paired down and simple. I don’t want to make something which I find difficult to wear. I think, this will be the most challenging part of my project ie. to choose, just the right amount of addditional embellishment without compromising my idea of a Stitched Story within the skirt. Wish me luck.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment