Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 9 July 2018

Jewellery Inspiration

Hi Everyone 
I’m back from my mini Grand Tour for 2018. We had a lovely week with spectacular weather. Lots of time on the beach and time with family. I also found some time for knitting ! I always take my knitting ‘on tour’ but often don’t have much time to sit and relax with my needles. However, this time I’ve had lots of little knitting sessions which was lovely. I planned to make something called the Polkagris Kerchief by Kate Davies. I chose to use 
Northumbrian Rose yarn and it’s worked beautifully. 

                        


The Kerchief has been slightly extended and it’s more of a mini shawl now and I’m probably a couple of rows away from finishing. I love the colour combination and it’s inspired me to make some new polymer clay beads using the same stripe design and colours. I’m not sure how they will turn out at this stage but I’m hoping the beads will evolve during the process. I will play around with a few sketches this morning before developing the clay. I think, a bracelet and necklace will be the result.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment