Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Fisherman’s Wife Socks

Hi Everyone 
I’m almost ready to start my next pair of socks, the Fisherman’s Wife Socks by Anna Bergman. I introduced the idea of this project last week but it’s taken me all this time to narrow down my choice of yarn. I’ve found all the yarn from my stash - something, I’m working to do for the foreseeable future. I’ve got so much yarn that I’m  not sure (exactly) what there is ! I do know that I need to organise my stash and plan to use it or sell it on.
Here is a look at my choice :

         

I’ve not really moved too far from the yarn colours used by Anna Bergman. All my yarn is Socks Yeah by Coop Knits. There are a couple of blue shades and a cream. I’ll probably cast on the socks this evening. I’m off on a short holiday break next week, so this project is perfect for holiday knitting. I’ll be visiting an old favourite, seaside place - these socks are perfect.
I especially like using Socks Yeah yarn for colourwork sock knitting. The yarn is quite fine and I like the close knit fabric which results. Blue is such a great colour for me, I’m looking forward to these socks being ready to wear.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment