Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 18 July 2019

Ursa #2

Hi Everyone 
My Ursa #2 is finally ready to wear. I’ve not had an opportunity wear my sweater but it’s turned out well.

            

I’ve talked about this project a few times - you can read the previous posts here and here and here - these posts give all the details of the yarn and the pattern. Generally, I wanted a cotton, summer version of the sweater. I’ve made the sweater with short sleeves and as the body of the sweater is cropped and quite wide, I think I can get away with wearing my sweater over a lightweight blouse or dress when the weather is warmish. It will be interesting to see, if I can find outfits (in my wardrobe) to suit my Summer Ursa.
I find myself, continually, looking for summer sweater ideas. I like the idea of cotton or linen knitting but I’m not so sure about the way in which I’m able to finish off the garments. Sewing in the ends and adding more yarn seems to create a rather messy connection point in the final fabric. I’m especially critical of how my knitted items are finished ! 
So, I’m interested to see how the Ursa will feature in my everyday clothing choices. I hope to wear my sweater tomorrow- it’s seems the temperature will fall (very slightly !). 
Hopefully, all will work out well and its worth searching for another Summer sweater knit. I’m going to try and develop a few rules (for myself) to make cotton or linen yarn very tidy within the knit. I’m thinking of things like only adding yarn at a seam point or where a button band would be added. I’ll keep thinking about this issue and do a bit more research on the subject. Hopefully, I can get a few photos of the Ursa#2 in action.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.  
I’m taking a break next week for one of our mini Grand Tours. I’ll be back the following week.



No comments:

Post a Comment