Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 9 July 2019

Molly Socks

Hi Everyone 
I’ve finally finished the lovely Molly Socks by Anna Bergman. These socks seem to have taken forever ! However, they are very pretty and fit well - any problems I’ve had have been, immediately forgotten ! The colours work beautifully together and I especially like, the sewn down picot cuff.

  

I do need to block my socks. I think, the colour work design will benefit from blocking. Any uneven strands should settle out after blocking, to give an even surface to my socks. I’m also hoping the fabric will soften slightly.
In the early stages of this knit, I wondered if knitting colour work socks were for me, definitely the results but possibly not the process ? However, I’ve really enjoyed knitting the second sock and am already looking for another colour work design. My colour work skills have improved, enormously.
I have the wonderful #tantulltussocks book by Anna Bergman. You can find the book  here. This book has many colour work designs and I’m starting to think about my next one. I had planned to work through the designs in the book (from the beginning). Now, I’m not so sure. I need to look again !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment