Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 4 July 2019

More Sewing plans

Hi Everyone 
Last Friday, I introduced a new sewing project (you can read about it here). It’s the Florence blouse by Merchant&Mills. Unfortunately, after quite some time trying to fit my pattern to the fabric, it was very clear - I didn’t have enough fabric. I spent lots more time trying to find more of the same fabric and failed. The original fabric had been a remnant, sale piece so I knew I couldn’t go back to the seller for more. Eventually, I came across a similar fabric while searching online shops and thought the two different prints could work well together. Ironically, the original fabric (on the left) is available from the same seller ! I didn’t see the print until after I’d ordered the new stuff.

              
The fabrics are, in fact, part of the same range and therefore using the same colour shades/tones. They are known as Flo’s Little Flowers from Lewis & Irene fabrics. There are quite a number of prints in the range, all little flowers and beautiful colours.
My plan is to use the new fabric print (on the right) for the bottom frill and neck binding portions and my original fabric (on the left) for the remaining part of the blouse. This new arrangement is rather an improvement- for me. I had thought the whole project would need to be shelved but I’m particularly pleased with how things have turned out.
I’m rather behind with my sewing this week and I’m not quite sure when I’ll start this blouse ? I need to complete the first Florence blouse before I embark on this one. However, I’m very keen to work on the project. Hopefully, this will inspire me to get going. I’ll share developments as I work.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment