Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 5 July 2019

Molly Socks Update

Hi Everyone 
I have another Molly Sock update. If you search the blog for Molly Sock, you can check out all the previous posts. It seems, I’ve been knitting these socks forever ! It's fair to say, have found the pattern a little challenging. The individual elements are not challenging at all but put it all together and it’s been a bit of a marathon for me.
 My first Molly sock has been knitted several times (and ripped out) and I do feel, I’ve knitted quite a few pairs. The initial issues were to do with tention. I’m a very tight knitter and the first sock was much too tight and therefore much too ‘small’. I tried several different ways of loosening my colourwork knitting and have eventually settled on knitting my socks, inside out. This technique seems to work well for me.

                 

My socks have had a few weeks of sitting in their bag (every now and again) - just waiting but I’ve moved on the project at a pace, over this week. I’m probably a few days away from finishing. I’ve also started to enjoy knitting the pattern design rather than being a little intimidated by it. The socks are very pretty, I’m very pleased with the colours and know I’ll be really excited to wear my socks.
I’ll be sharing my finished socks in a few days (probably).

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment