Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 2 July 2019

Sewing Update

Hi Everyone 
As promised yesterday, I’m giving the back story to the progress of my Florence top. In short, I didn’t have enough fabric to make Florence as planned (the original fabric is posted here). For some reason, I can’t see the fabric being made into any other garment. So, the hunt was on to find more. This fabric is a pretty little flower print in a cotton - called Flo’s Little Flowers D#FLO7. Somehow, after quite a search, I’ve managed to source more fabric- so all is well ! The additional fabric should be arriving this week.

                 

Back to the first Florence, I’ve cut out the fabric pieces and am ready to sew. There are only five different parts to the top. The top is not a huge project and I’m hoping I can start sewing this evening. There’s no rush here, I want to enjoy the Make and have a lovely garment at the end. I have buttons and thread for this top and everything is in place.
I’ll make a second Florence with the other fabric and then a dress version with some navy linen look fabric (from my stash). Hopefully, I can iron out any issues, as I go.

I’ll report on any issues with this project, as I go - and will get some finished images to share here.
Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment