Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 July 2019

Florence #2

Hi Everyone 
Florence #2 is done and ready to wear. This second version of the blouse is lovely. It’s very different from the first (check out Florence #1 here) one. Generally, the fabric is thicker and has more structure - equally as good. For version #2, I've used two fabrics, but in the same colour palette, which  gives a completely different feel to the garment. I’m pleased with how both versions of the blouse have turned out. They feel great to wear. There’s something rather vintage about them and I feel dressed up, a little ! Florence is definitely a Summer thing but I’m hoping I can layer for cooler days and perhaps find a knit design which will work for the Winter.

           

I did have a plan to make some buttons from polymer clay but found four perfect red buttons in my box. So, the red buttons are in place. All in all, Florence has been a joy to make. There are no negatives to report. Everything went well from start to finish. 
I mentioned an issue with this Make ie not having enough a few weeks ago - check out the original post here. After lots of online searching, I found a similar fabric design from the same range and have used the additional fabric to add more interest to the top. I’ve used one fabric print for the sleeves, part of the front frill and the neck binding and the other, original print for the rest. I like how the two fabrics work together and give a different look to the top.

My next Florence (the last for now) will be a dress version. I’m hoping, I can get this Make underway later today. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment