Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 12 July 2019

Knitting News

Hi Everyone 
I’ve chosen my next sock knitting project, it will be the Fisherman’s Wife Socks by Anna Bergman.

         


This pattern is another pair of socks from the wonderful #tantulltussocks book. If you are a regular reader of the blog you will know that I’ve just finished another design from this book ie the Molly Socks (you can see the finished socks here). I’m working my way through this book, there are 28 designs in the book - so plenty more to go ! You can check out the book here.

The Fisherman’s Wife Design is a very different type of sock (from Molly) but I was drawn to the design because of the fish. I love the fish and will enjoy wearing these socks. I’m not totally sure about exact colours at the moment. I like the version in the book but would prefer to go for a slightly different combination of colours. The socks need to be blue, of course, but I’m thinking about a lighter blue for the main colour. I’d also like another blue for the contrast- then there’s the little stripes, across the fish ? 
My priority job for the day will be finding The perfect yarn for my socks - I’ll use stash yarn and Im not sure what I’ve got ! I’ll share my choices next week.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment